Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The trip to DC Part One

I woke up at 6 AM and was greeted by a beautiful sunrise.
The view from our backdoor

Mom and I had packed up most of the car the night before and just had bits and pieces to throw in the car. I left Brimley at 6:30 AM to head to Mount Pleasant MI where CMU is located. 

Th back yard

Part of the front yard my ma does a great job


The drive down was nothing too special but the bridge was pretty. Notice my sweet mossy oak steering wheel cover that I bought for the trip. I had to buy one because the steering wheel itself is falling apart in my hands and is not comfortable to keep your hands on for very long. After I bought this one with the pink ma asked why I didn't get the normal mossy oak, I told her I couldn't match Patrick's because that would just be weird. 




 It was great to be in Mt. P again I really do miss it there. I ran into my friend Ryan working in the UC. It was great to see him, I haven't talked to him since I left. While in Mt. P I went to the student teaching office to make sure I was completing my application correctly. I had planned on this meeting taking longer and having to do other paper work throughout the day. I really thought it would take a couple hours but NO! It took 10 minutes that was it! I also went to the bookstore on campus and picked up my CMU planner that I love so much and I also bought a camo CMU hat for Patrick. I ate my lunchables healthy lunch that I packed on campus  in the shade of some big trees. Finally I got my oil changed and hit the road to MARYSVILLE! The trip there was kind of boring but I was entertained during my trip by Patrick's phone calls when he got free time at work.

My night in Marysville wasn't exciting but it was great to be with Ron, Barb and Jimmy. Plus I got to lay out by the pool for a couple hours and finally get some SUN. We had some subs for dinner from a local place. I had a BBQ pulled pork sandwich that was AMAZING so good YUM! Thanks Ron and Barb. As usual Barb and I enjoyed a glass or two of wine which was much needed by the both of us.  I went to bed early and feel a sleep fast. 

Day one of travel was finally complete!