Saturday, August 20, 2011

The final addition


 After the American History Museum Chelsea needed a break from being inside, she was really cold from the AC so we walked to the WWII memorial and to the Lincoln Memorial


Another view of the Monument. The grass sucks down here because it's so hot. 

The White House from far away. Lots of people of his front lawn

The Lincoln Memorial from the WWII one




One of my favorite inscriptions here






VERY TRUE


"Here we mark the price of freedom"

I LOVE this picture







As we started out our day around 10 we noticed that there wasn't that many people out and about around the Mall and Memorials. Ya that changed around 1:30/2 



Usually this is an amazing picture of the reflecting pool. What do you think of the pool of mud? Chelsea was really bummed that the reflecting pool was under-construction and didn't get the whole experience of the Lincoln Memorial. Luckily I have seen it before or I would have been really upset. 



Not sure what these paintings are about, but I thought they were neat



Sorry I couldn't fit it all into the frame its really long



I'm not sure what the title is of this but I think its the Woman in Armed Forces Memorial or statue 




Thank you for your service


Its a silly pic but I like it because well........I'm silly 



Let me just begin by saying that I was REALLY REALLY REALLY looking forward to this, I love fish they are awesome and so fun to watch. 9 bucks to get no big deal, its' got to be awesome its the National Aquarium!!! 


NOPE, It sucked. It was literally a hall way that made a circle with small aquariums on each side. 


This is a whole aquarium! This is one whole section. Granted the picture turned out nice 


And so did this one. I think its because they are so small the color pop in the light




I love this one


It took me along time to get this picture because once I started to try and get a picture he climbed the wall so I could only see his belly. 


An eel......an electric eel



Pretty pink


Can you see me?



A lion fish. ROARRRRR



After my disappointment with this we decided it was time to make the journey back to Union Station.....and let me tell ya it was a long journey. Luckily it was a good neighborhood. By the time we arrived back at Union Station we figured we had been out and walking for almost 7 hours and probably walked over 7 miles. My feet hurt and I was hungry because my lunch sucked. We decided to go back to the dorm and make some pasta, have a bottle of wine, and watch a Night At the Museum Two since we had just been there. 

Well that plan didn't turn out because apparently you need to have a medical condition and a Doctor's note to be able to cook in the dorm. Not knowing what else to do we headed to the hotel to use the internet and ended up ordering a pizza. 

We will be making the journey back to the mall sometime to see the Art Museums, the Vietnam Wall, and the Air and Space Museum 


Just so you all know. There will not be an update until after football preseason ends because well my life is football for 2 straight weeks and there isn't much to talk about. So see ya next weekend!

No comments: