Saturday, August 20, 2011

Museums Part 2

After the Natural History Museum we went to the American History one. I was looking for a section that a couple from Maryland told me about that had things that were placed at the Vietnam Memorial Wall on exhibit. So that was our goal of this portion of our day.


I took this picture just for my brother because I remember when I was younger that he was always watching these movies and had some of the collectibles. 

One of my favorite exhibits here was the Dresses of the 1st Wives













I have so many more pictures from this exhibit!!! I really enjoy vintage things. Ask my family. So if you have a favorite 1st wife let me know because I probably have a picture of her inaugural dress. 

Dorthy's Ruby Shoes

The original cat woman costume

From all in the family? I don't know I never watched the show but I know lots of people did. 


The say that this is Washington's Real uniform but I don't believe still it does look pretty sweet.

A random jeep hanging from the ceiling 

This is a wall showing some of the media from WWII I believe


I thought this was interesting 




Berlin Wall

Twin Towers

Julia Child's Cookware

Her kitchen



One of the greatest exhibits was the flag that inspired the Star Spangled Banner song. It was amazing to see the flag but its hard to believe that it is actually the original its so thin. We couldn't take pictures of the flag because they are trying hard to preserve the flag and they said the flash could cause damage over time. It gave me chills to walk through and see the flag that inspired one of America's most famous songs. 

We ended up going through almost every exhibit and I didn't find the portion I was looking for. That was disappointing but I did get to see some amazing pieces of American History.

After we finished with this museum we decided we needed to eat some lunch because our snacks did not fill us up. We opted for the salad bar because compared to all the other food we thought it would be more reasonable priced. The salad bar was AMAZING! If you liked it on your salad they probably had it. Well the deal with the salad bar is that they way the bowl once you finish your salad. Here you think, Okay it's salad its really light 5 bucks TOPS. Ya, well they give you this huge heavy bowl to put your salad in that jacks up the price to like 6 bucks right off the bat......my salad 12 bucks! and it made me sick. There was something that had spice on it, I couldn't figure out what had the spice on it, but salad and spice don't mix for me so I couldn't even finish it. Here's a tip if you decide to eat in the museum you are going to spend ALOT eat from a vendor cart its a better choice. 10 bucks for a sandwich inside or 3 for a burger, brat, or hotdog. Yep DC is expensive

No comments: