Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Part 3






Cabela's!!!
The water tower is even about Cabela's

This is what I want my house to look like

Well I spent the weekend in Chelsea Michigan with Patrick. Saturday he took me to Cabela's in Dundee MI which was pretty sweet. We wandered around Cabela's for a couple hours I was on the look out for a awesome camo hoodie that didn't break the bank. I finally found one that was a 2X! They didn't have it in a smaller size but I really liked the design on it so I got it. I don't need to wear it any where but the dorm right now any ways. .


This is a HUGE statue in front, you can see the moose antlers in front of the bears




This is part of the mountain and its to bull moose fighting



 After Cabela's we drove to Ann Arbor to go watch Horrible Bosses. It was pretty good but nothing overly exciting. After the movie we went to visit a couple of his friends then picked up a couple episodes of Family Guy and went home. We ordered pizza and relaxed watching Family Guy SO FUNNY.

Me wearing my new hoodie even though you can't see anything on it
Sunday morning was spent lounging around and me dreading the drive to come. I was to meet up with Chelsea Y and her family in Haugerstown Maryland that night (Sunday). I made it successfully on to the Ohio Turnpike which was an interesting experience. Once on the turnpike with my ticket it was smooth sailing. The Ohio Turnpike is really nice and the ticket does a great job of telling you were the gas stations and rest areas are on the turnpike. The key to a turnpike is to not get off it unless you have to because everytime you get off and then back on it costs money. I stopped once on the turnpike to grab some gas and go to the bathroom. There was lots of room on road and lots of lanes but VERY BORING. I had to call up a couple people to keep me entertained during the drive because I started to get sleepy. It cost me a total of 11.50 to ride the pike, not bad I guess.


There is surprisingly lots of room still left in the car 

I can see out all my windows!!!!

Don't open that door tho

Not a bad packing job if I do say so


The Pennsylvania Turnpike was TOTALLY different than the Ohio. For one it is A LOT prettier but the road is so tight there is not a lot of room for driver error. I did not like how tight the road was because there was a lot of tight turns and going up and down hills. This was not my favorite part at all but at least the view was better than Ohio. Another thing about the PA turnpike is that they don't have the handy dandy sweet ticket like Ohio had to help you figure out where you should get off to get gas and pee. I feel like the PA turnpike is an ugly step sister they don't want to talk about but Ohio is darn proud of their's and takes great pride in it.

I pulled off in Breezewood Maryland which is a pretty big pull off and called Chelsea to see where they were. As I was talking to her she had no clue where I was which was weird because they left an hour before me so they should have already been through this town. I chalked it up to Chelsea not paying attention because she is following her parents. After buying licence plate light bulbs that I UNSUCCESSFUL replaced I got back on the road. Chelsea called me back to tell me where to get off and what exit to take so I had a better idea. Well 10 minutes later I get a texted from her saying "YOU JUST PASSED ME" haha! I had passed Chelsea and her parents at least twice on this trip.

After being stuck in some gnarly traffic we made it to the hotel. Chelsea and I went to the Waffle House around the corner to get some food. I'm pretty sure I haven't been to one before and i was NOT IMPRESSED. My waffle was soggy and the blue berries were crunchy. NOT IMPRESSED. and the waitress even recommended getting this. Being the smart waitress she is my meal was like 5 bucks and I gave her a 20. Any good waitress knows to give back singles so you can get a tip. No not this girl she gave me back a ten and a five. She got a 50 cent tip.



Well after getting some food in me I was ready for bed. Chelsea and her parents watched the Yankees and I passed out and slept hard. A day of traveling takes it right out of you.

No comments: