Saturday, August 20, 2011

Museums Part 1

Chelsea went for a run around campus either Wednesday or Thursday (10th or 11th). She turned the corner on one of the hills and stopped in her tracks this is the view that greeted her. She ran back to the dorm and grabbed her camera to get some pictures. Later I had her take me to the spot to see the Capitol building from right behind our dorm on the hill. Not a bad picture is it?




 Friday was our first full day off (the 12th) because Saturday we started football and our supervisor wanted us to be well rest for the remainder of camp. We took off Friday morning around 9:30/10, took the bus to Union Station and walked towards the capitol building.


The first good view of the building


Rounding the corner to the front of the Capitol. Its strange to see business people walking and talking on their phones down here as the tourists snap pictures. 

I thought this was pretty. Not sure what it is but it's a pretty picture


This is the rest of the building and its in the front of the Capital to the side of it. No idea what it is

From the Capitol looking out to the Washington Monument 


I think this is a statue of Grant

No idea what this is but I've seen it in movies

Next we walked down the Mall to the Natural History Museum 

This is the Grand Entrance Hall

Anyone that knows me well, knows my love of pearls :)

T-Rex

Awesome turtle


I love Moose

It's just silly

Not only do I love Bison but I'm a Bison for 15 weeks. Go Gallaudet!


Chelsea pressing a penny for her mom

The natural history museum is pretty cool. I enjoyed it last time I went there for my senior class trip. There is just SOOOO MUCH stuff that if you actually took the time to read EVERYTHING you would be there for a week straight. I really enjoyed this deep sea movie they had showing in one of the halls. I love deep sea animals they are so sweet. The dumbo octopus is one of my favorites! We didn't spend a lot of time in this hall and we didn't go through all of the exhibits but we did go through the insects, fossils, gems, and mammals. We figured since we are here for 15 weeks we can always go back and look through this one again since it is FREE!! Thank you tax dollars!






No comments: