Tuesday, August 2, 2011

First Blog Ever

Well here is my first blog ever!! The reason I am starting a blog is so that my lovely family, friends, and professors may follow my adventures of my time spent in Washington D.C. at Gallaudet University. For those that don't know about Gallaudet it is a unique school in that it a school for the deaf and hard of hearing. It also has a K-12 school on campus for deaf and hard of hearing students!

Yesterday was the last day of work at my summer job working at the haunted depot in the Soo. I leave for Mount Pleasant Thursday morning bright and early so I can get my student teaching application worked out. After that is taken care of I will be traveling over to Marysville to spend time with my cousin Ron and Barb. Barb is going to take me to Sam's Club so I can stock up on food before I get to DC. After Marysville I will be spending the weekend in Chelsea Michigan with a special someone. Sunday I will start the long drive to Maryland where I will meet up with Chelsea Y. who I will be living with in DC. I will be sharing a hotel room with her and her parents then follow them into DC. Then Monday morning I will make the final leg of my journey into DC.

My favorite hiking spot! This view is so worth it

A view from the cabin 

Another view

I followed this guy for 20 minutes hiking

Another great view
So that's my adventure as of now. I hope it goes as well as planned.

1 comment:

Jessica Singleton said...

I hope everyone can leave comments here if they want to.......this is kind of a test