Thursday, August 11, 2011

Arriving In DC

Monday Chelsea, her parents and I woke up and went down to the awesome breakfast that the Hampton in provides. It was great and their waffles were WAY better than the waffle house. After breakfast we hung out for a while before packing up and making finishing the adventure into DC. The first part of the drive went pretty good. We pulled over once to ask for directions. I'm glad I wasn't the leader because it was insane all the turnoffs there are. As we get closer to the city the driving because crazy. Chelsea and I almost got smashed twice and I almost hit her car (which is a head of me) at least twice also.

A neat bridge we drove under in Maryland

Montana Avenue :)
We finally arrived on campus and meet our internship supervisor Jon and the other assistants Mariko and TK they are both from Japan. Mariko has worked on Gallaudets campus since 2003 I believe. She worked with the secondary school on campus as their athletic trainer before moving over to the university setting. TK did his undgergrad at Syracus he hasn't been at GU for much longer than us.

After we arrived we ended up meeting a lot of staff which I was not prepared for. I thought we would be moving all day and did not look my greatest to be meeting people. Shortly after a quick tour we went to get our paperwork completed and get our ID badges so we can get in and out of buildings including our dorm. After the paperwork we got some lunch on campus and started moving stuff into our dorm. LUCKILY Jon was able to find 3 football players to help us so moving went well.


Our dorm
This is what we walk on to get to work...ya we walk on water



My favorite neighbors 

Once we got our stuff moved into the dorm we had a short meeting with Jon and then he drove us to a coffee shop by Union Station where we could use their Wifi. The place is called Ebeneezer's and is a non-profit coffee house. We left the coffee shop and walked to Union Station where we meet up with Chelsea's parents and grab some dinner before taking the bus back to campus. The bus is free so that is awesome!










My half of the bedroom

A "Living Room" but not really there's no cable hook up or room at all

We set up the room the rest of the night.   

1 comment:

Jessica Singleton said...

Soooo if you want to leave a comment try to do it on Facebook