Sunday, October 30, 2011

Baltimore National Aquarium

  I love aquariums!!! I didn't take too many pictures of my own while I was there. I was too busy enjoying the view. I have been here before during my senior trip and it was a lot different than the last time I was there in 2005. They had developed a lot of exhibits that were pretty neat. Like the Australia room that had lots of plants, birds, reptiles, and fish in the exhibit.

There is a big pool with huge rays of all sizes along with sharks .........

Sharks like this nurse shark

They are really hard to get a picture of because they........aahhh........move.........quickly

Not sure what this is but I'm thinking a sea cucumber 

Some pretty fish

A lion fish? Possible

Turtle turtle

Some type of catfish I believe........I like catfish they are so ugly but so cool


Some frogs in one of the exhibits, they are deadly

Chelsea making another pressed penny


Ta Da!

The following pictures are not mine but are from the aquariums's website

We bought a package deal when we got there and we saw the dolphin show. The show was not as good as it was in '05 because they were really pushing conservation  through this video so there was less time for the dolphins to do tricks. It was still pretty sweet though they are so smart 
Another part of the package included a  4D movie that was actually really sweet.  4D includes special effects that touch or spray you according to the different parts of the movies
A newer exhibit of all jellyfish. There are so many different kinds. The exhibit is very interesting and I really enjoy jellyfish. There are super tiny ones that you can barely see.
A cool crab with blue

octopus are pretty sweet but they still creep me out all thanks to the baywatch episode with the killer octopus 
Some other neat looking fish

Another shark picture. they have this awesome exhibit that you walk down into the dark. It takes you from bright blue water down into the dark in each layer there are lots of fish and SHARKS. it was pretty interesting

No comments: