Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Partick's Trip to DC

 I traveled home to Michigan October 19 for my grandfather's funeral. I wasn't able to stay along in the UP and had to travel back downstate the following day. It was great to be in Michigan and with my family but the reason for the trip was very sad. I was picked up in Detroit by my cousin Ron, who I am very thankful for waking up so early to come and get me. We picked up his sister and then his wife Barb then finally drove to the yoop. I was given the task of finding and reciting a poem during the funeral and I think I did a pretty good job. I refuse to have this blog become somber so moving on.

Because of having to work a minimum of 40 hours a week I had to get back to DC to work so I booked the same flight as Patrick and we flew into Baltimore together. As I was waiting in the airport before going through security for Patrick he calls to tell me he is waiting at the gait already.......what a booger! Well when we got on the plane a very nice lady gave me her seat so I could sit with him. That was so nice of her.

That Saturday was our homecoming game so I pretty much insisted that Patrick go to the game and watch. Luckily Chelsea's parents were in town too so he could sit with them. I brought him down to the training room so he could could see where I work and hang out for a bit and then he went back to my dorm. I gave him my camera during the game so these are the pictures he took.


Hanging out before the game starts

Notice that chelsea and I are looking in different directions......hmmm

the boys running onto the field 

I either need to be, am cold, or i'm laughing about something

Oh just hanging out doing my job

jeez this is a long huddle 

Group huddle with the defense

Looking into the stands for him.......i guess i'm a lil off

I look really excited

a lil blurry the photographer didn't do the best job did he :)

filling up some water bottles 

Cleaning up after the game, oh yea we won


The one thing he wanted to do (well the only thing he wanted to do) while in DC was to go to Pizza Mart because he saw it on tv as did I. The show was a competition between Pizza Mart and Jumbo Slice that are right next to each other and ran by brothers. During the show they competed to see who had the best and that was Pizza mart so we went. So after the game I went and got changed and we caught a bus to union station to take the metro to Adams Morgan and walked a couple blocks to Pizza Mart.

This is us in union station waiting for the metro

The only two pictures we have together from the weekend

And this is ........

Its bigger than your head for sure

Good thing I was hungry

He went for the classic fold and eat method

He ate everything but the crust which wasn't that great

I ate all mine for the most part

The pizza was okay. He could have eaten two I'm sure. I like my pizza with more sauce  and the pepperoni  had too much of that spicy stuff in it. Chelsea would like this pizza For $6 bucks I guess it was pretty okay, but I could buy a whole hot-n-ready for that.  

This my birthday present from Patrick (he mom picked it out  :) hehe)  it's still a very nice present anyways. and I thanked them both. 

No comments: