Saturday, September 3, 2011

Quick Update Since Football Camp is now over (ok so its long)

Well Football camp is all over and we had our first game this afternoon. Chelsea and I saw the other team (Otterbein from Ohio) practicing on the field last night and there were LOTS of them and they looked pretty big. I was really worried about our guys, we have smaller numbers and they are not that big. Needless to say our boys did pretty darn well. The final seconds of the game our guys block a field goal for the win so we went into overtime. The first drive for the other team was a pass to the end zone that our guy tipped up to be recovered by the other team for a touchdown with the extra point. Our drive was not pretty and on 4th down the ball was fumbled and we lost.

Other interesting facts from the game:

There was an elbow dislocation on the other team (didn't get to see it) and our Doc relocated it on the field.

The cheerleaders SIGN the national anthem

Its really weird to not have a lot of cheering behind you all the time.  But when the crowd gets excited they can get pretty loud.

Watching the cheerleaders cheer is very interesting because they dont CHEER they SIGN

There was some great plays! and some ugly plays. I look forward to watching the rest of the season.




So a review of the past 2 weeks are so:

Last week Chelsea's Sisters came to town to visit. Wednesday (August 24) night I went with them for a night tour of the monuments. For 20 bucks it wasn't that bad because I just got to sit back and watch. But it wasn't that great.

Downtown DC

Union Station - I love this picture!






WWII Memorial with Lincoln in the back



Red Cross Building (Not sure what its about, but it looked cool)

On the bus
August 26 - I go to the hospital for food poisoning at 10 pm after fighting it all evening. I was SOOOOO dehydrated. I took 3 bags of fluid there and was still dehydrated for days. Needless to say it took me several days to get back up to eating normal. I have never lost so many fluids at one time, it was so disgusting

August 28

Chelsea and I went to Baltimore! I was in desperate need to find a dress to wear to my high school friend Meghan's wedding that is next weekend. I was freaking about getting a dress and having less than 2 weeks to find one. So we decided to go to Baltimore and shop and watch the Yankees play the Orioles. Chelsea LOVES the Yankees! and we got amazing cheap tickets thanks to Hurrican Irene cancelling the original game. We got tickets 3 rows off the field next to the bullpen for 25 bucks it was great.

My beverage of choice at the game still recovering from food poisoning 





There's a walkway between the Orioles park and the Raven's Stadium


My favorite - this one is for Big Mack

First view of the park




Chelsea getting another pressed penny for her mom  - AWWW


Our Seats




Our Old Tiger Granderson

Granderson hit 2 home runs this game and the Yankees hit 5 total. All 5 were hit within a section of our seats with 2 going over our heads. The Yankees won


Luckily I'm a smart cookie and I looked online at the stores in the Inner Harbor and then checked out their dress selection so I got my dress at the first store and it was the first one I tried on. HAHA YES I"M AWESOME!

Yesterday September 2:

We had extra time on our hands because it was pregame walk throughs so we got out really early (6 pm ) I had heard about a great place to get chili in DC on travel channel's man vs. food, Ben's Chili Bowl on U street. We were feeling adventurous and want food outside of our dorm so we decided to give it a shot. We took the Metro all the way there and you get out right across the street from Ben's. 

I got Chili Cheese Fries
The chili is nice and spicy, spicy enough that I couldn't finish mine because it was so spicy. Although the fries were nothing special it was pretty yummy


thank you travel channel for your recommendation

After we ate we decided to walk around a little bit because the neighbor hood looked pretty safe. There are lots of different ethnic foods in this area. As we were walking we passed a bar that you walk down into. The bar is really neat, they don't allow standing at the bar or anywhere you have to have a seat, no cell phones at the bar, they encourage talking to your neighbor (they have good insurance coverage) No TV in the bar, No Martinis, and they raise money to help build schools. They are working building number 16.



Our bartenders version of a "Light Beer" 


     



No comments: